April 29th, 2023 – 2nd edition !
The idea behind Everesting concept couldn’t be much simpler: run up a hill ’till you gain 8,848m of ascent – the height of Mount Everest.
The reality is a relentless endurance battle that’ll push you to your physical and mental limits. Succeed, and you’ll become a member of the RARAU Everesting 8.848+ Elite Club.
For your Everesting attempt to be approved, you must:
- Record 8,848m of total elevation gain
- Follow the marked route to Rarau summit
- Descend on the marked route from Rarau summit (the same)
- No sleep – you must complete the challenge in a single stint
- Breaks (eating, drinking, recharging) are included in your time
- You must reach the summit every time
- You must descend safely and get back to the basecamp
- Time limit 30h max
Everyone who succeed at least 1 climb will get the FINISHER MEDAL
For 2 and up to 9 climbs you’ll get an engraving on your FINISHER MEDAL with your name, time and total elevation accumulated in competition.
For 10 climbs you’ll get all above + the special RARAU Everesting 8.848+ Elite Club trophy.